Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to the Woods

I spent the past two weeks in Boulder Colorado which was awesome despite the horrible flooding that took place while I was there. 

I am getting ready to go back into the woods now so this will just be a quick update post.

My trip was really great and I got to hang out with the boy a ton and play with his adorable pup and be uber domestic while he was in class which is hard for me.  I mean seriously, I vacuumed and baked for gods sake!  But then when the floods came I was stuck inside for about 3 days which drove me nuts!

So we went to the Denver airport for me to fly home and many tears and hugs and kisses and cries later I got dropped off ready to get on my plane.  It was a sunny gorgeous day so I settled down to read my book and go home.  And about an hour before I was suppposed to go it started POURING down rain so much so that I couldn't even see out of the window.  Our plane was redirected to another airport because it wasn't going to be able to land in Denver.  So I ended up leaving about 3 hours later than I was supposed to.... which worried me because that meant we were not goig to land in ATL until 1 or so.  And my house is about a 3.5 hour drive from ATL. 

So I began frantically calling and texting people in the greater Atl area from Denver looking for a place to spend the night and found one.  Super awesome save the day!

And now I am stressed but looking forward to going into the woods tomorrow and forgetting about all of this other stuff going on outside.

While I was on vacation I found out that I didn't get a job that I wanted.  Which made me sad.  But it means that I will be here in the states for the next while and that makes me happy for a number of reasons.

Anyway.... I have to run.  Love you all and thanks for all the support.  I'm off to the woods.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment