Wednesday, September 26, 2012

On getting old and stuff.




Yesterday I was at work and a girl I used to know came to see the show.  She was my coach in high school.  And I realized that the last time I saw her was 12 years ago… And then I thought… damn I’m a real life adult now.  When the hell did that happen?

This also coinsides with the fact that I joined the company’s 401k this week and got a real life financial advisor.  

Both of these things are things that I have been meaning to do for a while now but just got around to doing it this week. I don’t know how long I will be with the company but it makes sense to go ahead and join the 401k.  It’s basically free money… And then as far as the advisor…. I just don’t know what to do with finiances.

I work for a job that pays me well.  And I am debt free.  Whoo hoo that in itself I am thankful for.  But what am I supposed to do?  I know that it shouldn’t be sitting in a savings account.  So I thought I would do the responsible thing and talk to someone who can help me.  So here I am setting up an IRA and choosing investment options…. And bleh it’s so important and so boring at the same time.

In other news I leave for Berlin in 13 days!  Which is totally on the other side of this whole adult coin!  Because I am going to Berlin to have a good time, take some photos, be in some photos, and get a tattoo.   So while on one hand I am putting on my serious glasses and signing IRA paperwork… on the other hand I am putting pink and purple in my hair and getting all funky to go and take some amazing pictures with a friend who is working in Berlin and who chose me (honored!) to model some of her jewlrey.  Too fun!  So I guess… life isn’t soooo serious.  I just know that in the future I will probably have a job that pays much less than my current job so I should probably do what I can to have my money work for me both now and then… ya know?

And speaking of holidays…. I am going on leave in 60 days.  And I am headed back for another Asia trip!  Many fun things are bound to happen including photos taken on top of buildings, and on top of boats, crazy space age makeup, and general Hong Kong nonsense…. And in the middle of all of that I am planning a trip to Burma!  More to come on this… I am making the plans now and trying to map out exactly what I am doing.  But I am excited.

The moral of the story is that…. I’m busy.  But its good. 

And I miss you guys!


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment