Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last day off!

I have had a nice three days off. It wasn't the time that I thought it was going to be due to my unexpected return to Macau, but I still had a good time. Yesterday was a fun adventure day. Roger and I went and got Sushi for lunch, then we got frozen yogurt! Yum! Actually to be more specific: blueberry = yum, mango = yum, durian= YUCK! So disgusting. We got it just to taste it knowing it would probably be bad. But I had no idea that a fruit could taste like death. Anthony Bourdain once described eating durian as, "Its taste can only be described as...indescribable, something you will either love or despise. ...Your breath will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother."

Yeah freeze that and put it with yogurt. **Shudder**

After that we went to this amazing pool that we found, then went to Toy's R Us to look for playstation games for my roomie and potential toys for us. Finished up the evening with Mexican food, margaritas, and then darts at one of our local dive bars.

Today I enjoyed having the house to myself and made blueberry muffins and dinner for the roomies.

I've been pretty introspective lately and thinking about what I am doing and about the future. I have been in Macau and with Cirque du Soleil now for almost two years, which is about when most people thing about leaving. macau is a very transient place and up until 6 months ago I very much wanted to leave. Now... I am happy here but may be presented with an opportunity to leave anyway. And despite list making and pros and cons I am not sure how I feel about it.

This isn't helped by the fact that Cirque is notoriously slow to make decisions and get back to people regarding employment so when they say that they can let you know in two weeks they might actually mean a month. I should have heard from them on Monday, and I have not heard anything yet. So I'm sitting and waiting for them to make a decision so that I can in turn make a decision.

The job is a touring job, which would mean leaving here immediately and heading out on the road. The tour goes to San Francisco and London as basically the two first stops I would make with it which is awesome. But as much as people complain about life here, I don't hate it. My schedule has just drastically improved, and I would like to travel more around SE Asia.

They told my boss here that they would be making an offer but who knows. I haven't heard anything yet.

Trying to just take things one step at a time one day at a time. I find that hard sometimes because at any moment I feel like the next step could be a big one! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment