Friday, August 26, 2011

Now all your love is wasted, then who the hell was I?

My local pub is closing. Sad face!

Tonight I was there and after playing a bunch of uplifting music they put on Bon Iver's 'For Emma Forever Ago'. Not because it was one of their last nights and they wanted to be depressing, just because they liked it. I couldn't stop being nostalgic and thinking about that album.

It is the epitome of heartbreak. The story, for anyone who is unaware, is this: boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Girl loves boy. Girl dumps boy. Boy is heartbroken and moves into a cabin in the woods and pours all of his heart into an album. For Emma Forever Ago is that album. I think it is heartwrenchingly beautiful and as I fall asleep tonight it will be playing quietly. It makes me a bit sappy and think all of those mushy ' better to have loved and lost ' type things. But in the end... his voice is awesome and that record is raw and just amazing. I love rediscovering things.

Goodnight kids.

xoxo

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment